As contained in our Constitution, MBAN Membership Categories are as below:-
- Mortgage Banking Division
- Professional Mortgage Brokers Division
- Individual Employee Members Division
MBAN Membership Development
The MBAN membership scheme is known as MCPMOD (MBAN Center for Professional Mortgage Development). It is open to Mortgage Banks as well as individuals in the practice of Mortgage Banking and Professional Brokerage services. MCPMD offers excellent, innovative and development centred continuous education for Mortgage Professionals amongst other benefits. Through its Membership Development Scheme MBAN is poised to set the Standard for Professionalism in Mortgage Banking and Brokerage Practice in Nigeria.
- Stronger capacity for advocacy
- Access to privileged industry information and data as and when it first becomes available
- Enhanced professional credibility
- Access to training and events at a membership rate
- Wider local and international market acceptability
Affiliations & Partnerships
The MCPMD Membership scheme partners with the following institutions to develop training content and programmes as well as global networking opportunities.
- International Finance Corporation (IFC)/World Bank
- Canada Mortgage & Housing Corporation (CMFC), Canada
- Wharton Real Estate Centre, Philadelphia, USA
- Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA), USA
- Certified Mortgage Banker Programme (CMBP): This is an intensive four stage programme which culminates in a Professional Mortgage Banker Certificate. This course is suitable for new entrants as well as those in practice who are upward-mobile to enhance their Mortgage Banking career development.
- Basic Mortgage Programme (BMP): These are programs meant for individuals wishing to start a career within the sector without previous formal training. Activities under this programme would include core skills training, industrial placements and a final assessment.
- Accelerated Skills Acquisition Programme (ASAP): This is designed for PMI Member-Employees who wish to refresh their skills. Activities under this Program would include training, mentoring, e-learning and networking opportunities.
- Executive Mortgage School (EMS): This is designed for top management executives within the sector to rub minds and interact with their local and international counterparts. Activities in this school would include trainings, seminars, conferences, and e-learning solutions.
- E-Learning Solutions: In order to take enhanced training and development by taking advantage of technological advancements, MBAN is creating an On-line Study Centre and Virtual Library that will be accessible to registered members for continuous learning in the areas of Mortgage Banking & Housing Finance.
- Specialised Courses include but are not limited to:
- Loan Administration and Management
- Mortgage Marketing
- IT and Software Management
- Credit Analysis
- Risk Management & Secondary Mortgage Market
- Wholesale Mortgage Operations
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Management
- Human Resource (HR) Management
- Customer Service and Relations
- Public Relations
Types of Membership
Individual MCPMD Membership
|Professional Levels||Registration Fee||Annual Fee|
e.g. MDs, EDs
|NGN 25,000.00||NGN 10,000.00|
e.g. SMs, GMs
|NGN 15,000.00||NGN 5,000.00|
e.g. Asst. Mgrs, Mgrs
|NGN 5,000.00||NGN 2,000.00|
e.g. Officers, Associates
|NGN 2,000.00||NGN 1,000.00|
Corporate MCPMD Membership
|Mortgage Institution||Registration Fee||Annual Fee|
|Corporate Membership||NGN 500,000.00||NGN 300,000.00|
Professional Brokers’ MCPMD Membership
|Mortgage Brokers||Registration Fee||Annual Fee|
|Corporate||NGN 300,000.00||NGN 100,000.00|
|Individuals||NGN 100,000.00||NGN 25,000.00|